Saturday, June 25, 2011

John 13:1-15

Dear Brother Ron

(John 13.1-15). Jesus washes disciples' feet. Can you explain what the passage teaches us (directly or indirectly) about love? I need to understand this passage.

Slayer

Dear Slayer

The answer to your question is found in John 13:16-"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him."

The same sentiment is found in Mark 9:35-"And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all."

This is why, even though I am an ordained minister, I do not answer to the title "reverend". A reverend is somebody worthy of reverence. I believe only God is worthy of reverence. I am the bishop of Columbia. I do not use this title because I see it as an opportunity to serve and not a designation of more holy stature.

The best way to show your love for God is to minister to the needs of His children.

Best always
Brother Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment