Saturday, June 25, 2011

If You Were God

Dear Brother Ron

If you were god, would you want your creations to continuously praise you? Let's say you created the universe, would you also enjoy people to continuously praise you? In everything that happens to them, may it be your doing or not, they still praise you. Would you want them to kill others in your name? Would you enjoy being reminded of how perfect you are?

If you know how moron your creations are, would you give them unclear and debatable instructions on how to be saved? If you created them to be imperfect, would you punish them for their imperfections? Can you be a better god than any of this gods in the religions today?

Filipino

Dear Filipino

I base my concept of God on three premises:
1. God is not an idiot.
2. God is not a homicidal maniac.
3. God is not bound by the same laws of time and space as we humans are.

So in answer to your questions, God is not an egomaniac. He knows who He is and does not need my pitiful praise to remind Him. On the other hand, we humans need to set aside time to communicate with our Father to remind ourselves what He means to us and to call upon His power and wisdom.

Since God is not a homicidal maniac, He does not delight in the death of His children. If the voice inside your head is telling you to kill others, I suspect you have your spiritual radio tuned to the wrong station.

God does give you clear instructions for your life. You just have to learn how to listen. I spent many years as a professional musician. I can listen to a song and play it back for you perfectly within 30 minutes. There are many people who can not do this because they are tone deaf. Likewise, there are many people who are spiritually tone deaf. That's what the Bible means when it says "Let those who have ears to hear, hear".

One of the things I love about God is that He knows what an imperfect fool I am and He loves me anyway. Since He is not bound by our laws of space and time, He has already seen my future sins and has already forgiven me for them. Since He is not a homicidal maniac, He would not condemn me to eternal damnation for doing what He created me to do.

I am not better than God but I am smart enough not to be taken in by the marketing tactics used by many religious organizations.

Best always
Brother Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment