Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Rapture

Dear Brother Ron

Have you heard about the may 21, 2011 being the day that jesus comes and the story behind that. http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/
This is a link I found after my husband told about this story he heard on the radio. I would like to know what you think about this. please check it out and give me your view on this.

Thanks and God bless.

Glory Bee

Dear Glory Bee

I believe the whole rapture thing is a misinterpretation of the scriptures. The Bible talks about "that day" and the churches take it to mean the day will be the same for everybody. That does not square with the near-death experiences of many. It also does not square with the words of Yeshua. The only time He ever looked anybody in the eye and said, "You're going to heaven" was the thief on The cross beside Him.

Luke 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. Luke 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? Luke 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Notice He did not say "You're going to die but don't worry about it. Lay around in the grave for a thousand years or so and when I get around to it, I'll get back to you". He said, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise". I don't see a lot of fine print there.

This is a common tactic for religious organizations who want to add a "fire sale" effect to their marketing. This offer is only good for a limited time so rush to your nearest dealership NOW!!! Great marketing, lousy theology. Remember the prediction that the world was going to end on January 1, 2000? That was just one of many such predictions which did not come true.

One day, your life in this world will end. And on that day, our Father will welcome you home. But don't expect the whole world to join you.

Best always
Brother Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment