Friday, May 27, 2011

My Friend is a Homosexual

Dear Brother Ron

I have a friend who is homosexual and I am a Christian what should I do to help him be saved? We were friends as kids and have met again as adults. He is kind and generous and I know he was raised in the Baptist Church as I was. We both had been sexually abused by foster fathers as children. We are male and are best friends and I don't want to lose his trust. I care for his soul and were he will be after this life.

Ricky

Dear Ricky

A person's sexual preference has nothing to do with the fate of their soul. Your belief that it does shows that you are a dogmatist who follows the teachings of men rather than the teachings of Jesus. Jesus gave us two commandments:

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I don't see a lot of fine print there. I don't see "love thy neighbor except .......". I don't see "love thy neighbor if they agree to .....". Religious organizations put the conditions on the words of Jesus. If you are following these conditions, then you are following organizational dogma. This makes you a dogmatist, not a disciple. Your friend has already rejected the dogma. If you continue to espouse it over the words of Jesus, he will reject you as well.

Best always
Brother Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment