Sunday, April 24, 2011

Am I a Bible-Thumper?

Dear Brother Ron

Am I a bible thumper for reading the Bible? The only time I speak of religion is when I'm asked for my opinion! So, am I labeled by society as a bible thumper?

Universal

Dear Universal

No, you are a seeker after wisdom who wants to learn how to love and serve our Father better. As long as you realize that the Bible is merely Religion 101 and not the way to a complete relationship with God, you'll be fine.

A bible-thumper is a preacher who demands that everybody accept his interpretation of the Bible as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. During his sermons, he carries an open Bible and thumps it with his finger repeatedly to emphasize his words come straight from that book. You do not sound like that kind of person.

Best always
Brother Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment