Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Affirmations

Dear Brother Ron

Do you believe in positive affirmations and repetition of affirmations? It has worked for me many times with urgent things. Now Im going to try something more complex. Have you tried this?

Raver

Dear Raver

I'm a big fan of self-talk. There is a part of your brain called the reticular activating system. It acts like a VCR in your head and records everything you see and hear. This is why people under hypnosis can recall their fifth birthday party. The RAS does not distinguish between what you tell yourself and what other people tell you. So if you tell yourself you are a jerk, the RAS records it just like you heard it from somebody else. It works for the positive things you tell yourself too.

Print this in big letters and put it somewhere you will see it every day:

I am somebody.
I am not a nobody.
I'm not as good as I should be.
I'm not as good as I want to be.
And I'm not as good as I'm going to be.
But whatever I may be,
I am still
Somebody.

Best always
Brother Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment